When can police search you

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

When can police search you

Post  hookmeupdunedin on Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:53 am

I think we need a thread of when police can search you examples questions etc.

I've read from the old forums about people being searched from leaving a tinny house is this reasonable grounds.I've alsp read about two people being searched because they were seen entering the toilets together is this reasonable .

Define reasonable grounds in term of section 18 misuse of drugs act

hookmeupdunedin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: When can police search you

Post  neversnitchnevertell on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:04 am

If they see any equipment bong/pipe etc they can search everyone.
I don't really know man but I hope this topic picks up!

neversnitchnevertell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hookmeupdunedin on Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:23 pm

Anyone?

hookmeupdunedin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Growseph on Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:29 am

well... from personal experience it does not take much for the police to search you at all, especially reading through the new MDA 2012.
I had a pig come knocking at my door looking for a local lariken (who was not here!), I answered the door right after having a bong - so there was no hiding it, i was pretty much blowing smoke in his face. Backup was then called for - "scared" that i may have dangerous weapons on me or something the police held no patience with me, read my rights and a section of the 2012 misuse of drugs act which entitled them to ramsack my home looking for cannabis right away. I was arrested just like that... minding my own business in the weekend. - I had no wholesale operation or anything, just a 50bag and playstation was my vocation.. and i posed a threat to the nation.

and the cops try and say "uhhh dont smoke cannabis cos it makes you paranoid" .... Yeah ......because of YOU! ya cunts!

Growseph

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hookmeupdunedin on Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:59 pm

Nice Finally a reply

hookmeupdunedin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  infex on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:21 am

I've had my car turned over for leaning over and lighting a ciggerette in a girls mouth at marine parade in tga. Fair enough it was 2am in the morning - but the cops weren't exactly out if sight.

New they were there but figured they couldn't do anything over a ciggerette. They claimed I was lighting a joint but found nothing because I wasn't.

Just goes to show though they don't even need reasonable grounds they just need to say they saw something they didn't and they can conduct a search.

I should have taken it further but seeing the cops turn up nothing with egg on their face was satisfaction enough. Lol.

infex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hookmeupdunedin on Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:26 pm

reminds me of dakta green versus cops on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR0g3KimbI0

hookmeupdunedin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  infex on Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:47 pm

Dakta is a legend! The kiwi Emry!

infex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hookmeupdunedin on Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:14 pm

infex wrote:I've had my car turned over for leaning over and lighting a ciggerette in a girls mouth at marine parade in tga. Fair enough it was 2am in the morning - but the cops weren't exactly out if sight.

New they were there but figured they couldn't do anything over a ciggerette. They claimed I was lighting a joint but found nothing because I wasn't.

Just goes to show though they don't even need reasonable grounds they just need to say they saw something they didn't and they can conduct a search.

I should have taken it further but seeing the cops turn up nothing with egg on their face was satisfaction enough. Lol.

Maybe they were just jealous of you getting close to the girl! So they decided to harass you! Definitely an abuse of power.

hookmeupdunedin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  infex on Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:24 pm

True. If only I could have gotten closer - didn't quite work out that one. Cops kind of put a damper on my efforts by the time they finished turning over my car! LOL

infex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The.Om.Buds.Man on Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:41 pm

the question should be .."when can the police not randomly search you" ..and the answer would probably be "never" ..police even admitted to parliament that if they dont like the way you're dressed they'll search you

The.Om.Buds.Man

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  snoopafella on Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:48 am

In 2007, right after finishing my joint, I was randomly pulled over. What a night. Damn.
An officer came down to check my licence, wof and rego. However, he got the odour when I passed him my licence. He read my rights and told me that he needs to search the vehicle under Misuse of Drugs Act.
Luckily I didn't had any with me or even the paraphernalia's to it . They searched me top to bottom after getting out of the car. Searched the car and found no shit. Finally they forced me to admit that I was smoking and they'll let me off if I was honest. What a joke lol. I did not admit. They called up their superior I guess and I think since I was a foreigner, the process must be complex and they let me off. Lol. Thank god ! They took my details though like where I was staying and stuff.

snoopafella

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Throbba on Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:17 am

They let you off as they had no evidence nor a confession. Fortunately they cant bust you for the smell (yet). Smile

Throbba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hookmeupdunedin on Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:57 pm

Yeah but now they have a law that they can arrest you for driving under the influence.

Is it a crime to be under the influence when you are not driving?

hookmeupdunedin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  snoopafella on Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:33 pm

hookmeupdunedin wrote:Yeah but now they have a law that they can arrest you for driving under the influence.

Is it a crime to be under the influence when you are not driving?

I wonder. In other countries, as long THC reading is positive to a certain level, you're gone for consumption coz technically it's in your blood therefore you POSSESS.

snoopafella

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top